Sunday, February 12, 2012

After leaving Madeira, we sailed for 7 (yes, count them, seven!) days across the Atlantic Ocean to Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. The first couple of days and nights at sea were pretty rough. Fortunately, I did not get seasick! I did not even have to take the seasick medicine I had with me. After a couple of days it was pretty smooth sailing.

Let me tell you, spending 7 days at sea of a cruise ship can get boring. The longer the cruise, the older the passengers seem to be; and this was a 17 day cruise. Makes sense - you generally need to be retired to have that much time to float around the ocean. I was one of the youngest people on the ship! Also, I went on this trip with a friend, not with Richard - so there was no romantic dining, dancing, etc for me. ;-) But, when all is said and done, we had a good time and met some wonderful people.