Sunday, November 27, 2011


My Vacation:

Hi everyone. I am back from my vacation. Had a great time! I am in love with Spain!

My friend Barb and I decided to take a cruise from Barcelona to Florida (why do things half way?). We flew to Barcelona on Oct 31. Left Seattle at about 2:30 pm and arrived in Barcelona on Nov 1 at about noon (with a stop in Amsterdam - didn't see a thing except the airport).

We hired a taxi at the airport and arrived at our hotel (H10 Raco Del Pi (Del Pi being the name of the street). I found the hotel by doing an on-line search. It was wonderful. Clean, friendly (English speaking) staff, free pastries and coffee/tea, and fresh fruit available at the front desk. Would definitely stay there again! Right in the middle of the Gothic Quarter; the old medieval part of the city.

We were terribly jet lagged but decided to go out and check of the area. The first photo is the street our hotel was on, the second is the hotel.